WELCOME TO PEETOAs Principal I wish you a very warm welcome to our school. We are a professional education provider situated in Christchurch, just a five minute drive from the CBD.
PEETO is a Category 1 education provider. We are highly confident in all areas of education performance and we continuously monitor this through thorough self-assessment
MoE/NZQA Accreditation Number: 8960
All of our teachers are qualified professionals, experienced in providing English language tuition to domestic and international students
Small classes (maximum of 18) are offered with a high standard of individual student care and excellent teaching resources. Lessons are presented in a warm, friendly, family-like atmosphere.
Our administration team is highly experienced in supporting domestic and international students during their studies at PEETO.
What makes PEETO so special?
• Qualified and experienced teachers.
• English language and literacy tuition at all levels.
• Language for the workplace, leisure, academic study or immigration.
• Kiwi work experience.
• Immigration information and referrals to official licenced organizations.
• Stimulating, welcome, multi-cultural environment.
• Friendly staff who foster a family atmosphere.
• New Zealand (Government) Qualifications Authority (NZQA) accredited.
• Excellent facilities, equipment & resources.
• Proven track record, over 28 years of working with students from 65 nationalities.
• Handy location: only a five minutes bus-ride from the city centre.
• Co-Directors Patrick O’Connor and Saena Herman Ah Kuoi established PEETO in 1991.
•The aim was to respond to the English language, vocational and further study aspirations of international students, migrants and refugees. Since its founding, PEETO has continued to teach English to those who have wished to establish and live their lives in New Zealand. By doing this, we have made our mark in many communities.
• In 1993 PEETO became registered and accredited with NZQA
(New Zealand Qualifications Authority) and as a private training establishment, we have developed a reputation for leadership and expertise This continues to be evident through our provision of high quality training services and achievement of vocational goals for predominantly NESB (Non-English Speaking Background) people.
• In March 2018, H&J Education Group took ownership with Andrew Do and Ji Yoon Do as the Directors.
Our Vision, Mission, and values
Our School is founded on and guided by the following Mission, Vision, and Values.
PEETO’s mission is to “provide learners with a stimulating environment within which they can identify, explore and engage in learning pathways, which will assist them in realising their educational goals and potential whilst recognising and being sensitive to the personal and cultural needs of other learners”.
We are proud to be a high-quality training provider with strong partnerships here in Christchurch, enabling us to provide quality training to our diverse client groups. We focus on delivering ten major outcomes through our training program and in doing so:
• Support refugees and migrants to make a positive contribution to society,
• Promote individual and social wellbeing for our students and their communities,
• Embed excellence in our teaching and student support services,
• Advocate for issues and challenges experienced by migrants and refugees, particularly around language, cultural orientation, immersion in the New Zealand way of life, and employment needs within Christchurch;
• Foster inclusion and cultural competence in all our services,
|Empathy||Empathy is the ability to accurately put yourself “in someone else’s shoes”– to understand the other’s situation, perceptions, and feelings from their point of view– and to be able to communicate that understanding back to the other person.|
|Compassion||Compassion means suspending judgment so that you can appreciate others’ perspectives or situations when they are different from your own.|
|Respect||Respect is when you accept somebody for who they are, even when they’re different from you or you don’t agree with them. Respect in your relationships builds feelings of trust, safety, and wellbeing.|
|Inclusivity||Inclusivity is when you create a culture where people gain “social acceptance”, have positive interactions with one’s peers and feel valued for who they are.|
|Authenticity||We stand up for what we believe and openly share our points of view.|
|Excellence||Excellence is what you strive for when you believe in what you are doing and that the value of what you do warrants the persistent commitment to its sustained achievement.|